Monday, March 8, 2010

The Hilarious Kristen Wiig


My ALL TIME favorite show is Saturday Night Live. I have to admit that I have been watching it since I was pretty young (even though half of what the skits meant went way over my head). SNL has entertained audiences for 35 seasons. Popular actors such as Will Ferrel, Tina Fey, Molly Shannon, Andy Samberg, etc...became famous because of their hilarious sketches on SNL. But, cast member Kristen Wiig has become one of the best they have ever had! If you are familiar with SNL, you know exactly who she is. Wiig has become famous for her characters Penelope, Gilly, a highly mischievous schoolgirl; Sue, who can't control her excitement over surprises, and The Target Lady. She has also played real-life people such as Suze Orman, Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth from "The View," and Kathy Lee Gifford. If you are not familiar with some of Kristen's sketches, please take the time to look them up! Here is one of my favorites:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/11931/saturday-night-live-penelope--traffic-school

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I love Kritsen Wiig! How about her as Katharine Hepburn on the James Franco episode in the Vincent Price's Christmas Special skit? "I don't care for planes, Vincent, and I DESPISE trains. I like brisk walks and good exercise!" Haha she walked with a Christmas tree all the way from Connecticut to California.

    And how about her character with the large forehead and deformed hands? Denise I think. She's like in a quartet of singing sisters. She's hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! I think it is Judy, or Judice, or something like that. That skit is hysterical when she sings "I found a dead cat on the side of the road..." and she plays with the bubbles! I love her!

    ReplyDelete