Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gaga and Beyonce's Racy Video


About ten minutes ago, E premiered Lady Gaga and Beyonce's nine minute music video for their song, "Telephone."Gaga said during an interview on E, "Most predominately i am trying to convolute what people think a pop music video is."  It was a very risque video which began with Gaga being stripped in a jail cell full of half naked inmates. While Gaga steps out into the yard of the jail wrapped in chains, she receives a call from Beyonce. Then featured is a dance around the jail cell with beer cans wrapped in Gaga's hair. Beyonce then arrives to pick up Gaga from jail where they then pull up at a diner. After poisoning Beyonce's "boyfriend," Beyonce and Gaga begin to poison the entire restaurant. The video ends in a very "Thelma and Louise" style with the two driving off in a car together. In my opinion, the video was very random. There were some cool parts with interesting graphics, but overall, I was not a fan of it. I can't uplad the video as of now, but check it out and let me know what you think. 

5 comments:

  1. okayy...soooo i thought the video was insane...like i don't understand what it has to do with the song. i mean it has absolutely nothing to do with it...it was def different. i don't see what beyonce has to do with anything lol. But it was definitely Gaga style. I liked it because it was her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her video is cool in my opinion but it does not make any sense. I find it refreeshing to see creativity in the video. These days most female artists have simple music videos to show off their looks. In some of the sections it was very risque but I don't think that Gaga cares about showing off her looks. I think she made her video like that to shock people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this video is SO out of control- it is soooo Lady GaGa. It's clear that she came up with the craziness. It has nothing to do with the song, but its creativity and wackyness attract your attention. I love Beyonce's role in the video also. I think it came togethar well and bottom line Lady GaGa doesn't care about being judged...something we should all look up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it fits with the song just fine. It's heavily an homage to Quentin Tarantino's films (the "Pussy Wagon" truck from Kill Bill, the diner scene from Pulp Fiction), which feature an incredible amount of (often unnecessary) violence.

    The way I thought of it was this: so they're singing about these guys who keep trying to get a hold of them. It's annoying. Finally Beyoncé just can't take it anymore and gets her friend GaGa to help her kill the guy so she doesn't have to deal with an overbearing lover anymore. I figure they've done this before with GaGa's overbearing boyfriend, and that's what she was in jail for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vehicle given to Gaga by Tarantino was the best part of the video. My feeling about this video as well as the rest of Gaga's work is that it is supposed to be interpreted as artistic but fails to achieve that goal.

    ReplyDelete